iRecord is a website for sharing wildlife observations, including associated photos – you can register quickly and for free. Once you’ve registered, you can add your own biological records for other to see, and you can see what has been recorded by others. Your data will be kept secure and will be regularly backed up. Automatic checks will be applied to your observations to help spot potential errors, and experts can review your sightings. All wildlife sightings for non-sensitive species are shared with other users and will be made available to National Recording Schemes, Local Record Centres and Vice County Recorders (VCRs).
The goal of iRecord is to make it easier for wildlife sightings to be collated, checked by experts and made available to support research and decision-making at local and national levels.
- Record all the wildlife you see
- Securely store and keep track of your records
- Benefit from automatic data checks and review by experts
- Share your sightings with the recording community
- Explore dynamic maps, reports and graphs of your data
- Explore data shared by other recorders in your area and/or for species groups you are interested in
- Contribute to science and conservation