We need your vote!23rd October 2018
Making short films to support burial ground volunteers
We are appealing to our partners and supporters (who understand the challenge of managing burial grounds!), to vote for our project in the Aviva Community Fund competition.
What the project is
We would like to make short films to help volunteers from across the country, learn the skills to look after their local burial ground.
We are looking to purchase one camera, 2 tablets, a tripod and other filming accessories, sound equipment, training and editing software to enable the ongoing in-house production of films.
The films would be made freely available via our website and social media. They could also be streamed into group meetings and presentations.
Topics we know would help volunteers include:
• How to plan a volunteer work party
• Top health and safety tips
• How to manage a burial ground
• Flower identification
• Caring and recording memorials
• Scything techniques
• Tree care
Local cub groups and youth groups are also interested in getting involved as the information can help them undertake activities towards heritage badges and awards.
Sounds a good idea? Here’s how you can vote…
Pop to the AVIVA website to cast your vote. You can vote for the same project up to ten times or spread your support across multiple projects.
As normal with these voting competitions, you need to enter your e-mail address but you can opt not to receive e-mails from AVIVA
- If you are not already registered online with Aviva, follow this link and complete your details. https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/MyInitiative/GuestRegistration/CreateAccount
- You will be sent a confirmation email to the address you supplied . Click on the link within the email to confirm your account.
- Complete your registration by answering the questions. To ensure you do not receive emails from Aviva regarding insurance etc DO NOT tick the box Contact Preferences box. Tick to accept the terms and condition and click ‘Complete My Registration’.
- You will automatically be taken to the voting page – you just now need to find our project.
- Scroll down and type ‘Digital Skills’ in the ‘Search project titles and organisations’ box and click on the yellow magnifying glass to start your search.
- The CfGA project ‘Digital Skills to bring Burial Grounds to life’ will appear – click on it to take you to the full project page. You can use as many of your 10 votes as you want to vote for us – ideally we would like all 10! Move the cursor to your required number of votes and click ‘ Submit Votes’ and you have done a lovely thing by supporting our project.